Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Blurg


"Did you come up with that song?"
"No, uh, it's a Johnny Cash song. Well, it's actually a traditional song I think. The Band also covered it. It's called 'Long Black Veil.'"
"Well, I--" (look of fatigued frustration at the din of an incoming train, then:...) "..you sing it right."
"Oh. Thanks. Yeah, I do it a little different."
He rushes off to an opening in the train during this.

That was an interesting encounter. Flattering, but weird.

Let's see, what else happened? I played "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" and "Second Hand News" tonight, though I've never looked up the tabs for them. I figured they were both three chord songs, and it worked out. So that was nice.

I bumped into Desiree and Carl, both of whom were involved with the production of the Full Monty I was in last fall. Additionally, I saw this guy Alex that Leslie knows, but it was pretty awkward. We don't really know each other, and after we made eye contact, he shuffled away. Boy, it sure is nice to have a job that so many people aspire to.

My brain's a little melted since I was down there for 4 hours tonight, so I don't really remember much else.

No comments: