Monday, April 23, 2007

The Truce Hurts


Vlad appeared mysteriously out of nowhere tonight -- like the Impaler who bore his name -- and dropped a single in my case.

What am I supposed to do with this event? I thought we were at war! I coulda sworn he had been glowering at me from across the tracks every time we played against each other. I know I was. But then that dollar hit the grey bedding of my guitar case, and now all I can think about doing reciprocating by lobbing a dollar into his black gig bag the next time I see him playing. What's happened to me??? Have I gone soft? I mean, come on, who would I be without an El Douche-o type to balance me out? In short, as Tim Curry put it in Legend, "what is Light without Darkness?"

Well, I guess that's all over. And I suppose it's for the best. It's generally better to have allies than enemies in life, and the world of the subway performer is no exception. Plus, that was really nice of him. Hell, I even cleared out of my spot early today so I could let the tall, hairy keyboard player take over.

This abandonment of my station certainly had nothing to do with the fact that I made a record low in donations tonight. Nothing at all to do with it.

No comments: