Monday, May 07, 2007

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls...

...or heard within them, if I may be so bold. I went out for just around 45 minutes tonight, long enough to make a couple bucks and rouse Meltyface from her roost in a far off bench.

I was halfway through "Mr. Tambourine Man" when I heard my voice echoing strangely. I thought I'd managed to tap into some previously unutilized resonators in my chest or something. Nope. I woke up Meltyface. She continued howling out the chorus no matter where I was in the song, be it a verse or a harmonica break. Great. As usual, this didn't help me make any money. After the station was cleared out by a subway, I saw Meltyface's hand emerge from behind a wall, pawing at a garbage can for support. I dunno what her deal is, but she always walks like that. Poor lady's probably got no liver left...she's got quite a stink to her.

That was my cue to peace out. She hobbled over to me and posed some unintelligible questions (at least that's what they sounded like), to which I responded, "have a good night," and vamoosed. Gotta sing "Maria" in the morning, so I needs my rest.

1 comment:

Matthew James said...

Greetings. Very well presented blog. Keep up the good work ... we bloggers should support each other!