Saturday, January 06, 2007

Heatwaves and Hazes


Having recently returned from NC, I made a point of busking last night before a couple of social things spirited me away into the warm New York night. I was only out for an hour, but it payed for my dinner (which was much needed), and gave me a chance to play "Nowhere Man" and "I Will," two Beatles songs that I'd stupidly never learned until yesterday.

I rang in the new year by finally getting all my music copyrighted. For those of you lurking about in subway stations trying to bootleg my performances so you can claim my priceless, porcelain songs as your own, I'm afraid you've waited too long, though I admire your spirit, and wish you a proseperous New Year as the fine folks of US Airways did wish me but a few short days ago, despite having sliced a rather eminent chunk of my potentially prosperous new year away from me as we were grounded in Charlotte for two grueling hours with no explanation and with flight attendants who seemed to be grumpier than any of the passengers, one of whom was a drunken old man in front of me who spilled his bloody mary all over the History of Airplanes picture book he'd purchased for his grandson which had evidently been pulled out of his bag due to sheer boredom (I admit, US Air magazine is not that riveting) and regrettably placed under the precarious tray table housing his aforementioned bloody mary. So yeah, copyrighting, woot.

No comments: