Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Samhain's Revolver

The main highlight of today's busking expedition was my friend Christian trying to take some pictures of me at 50th St -- most of them didn't really come out so hot. Turns out that the visual flurry and musical splendor of a real, live Rob Morrison performance simply can't be captured on film. Ha, if only that were true. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Literally, since the photos are a no-go.

I only stayed out for about an hour and a half today...I was supposed to meet up with a friend from high school for coffee (she totally ditched on me...or maybe I was supposed to call her...), so I kept things short. I did see the same guy today who observed me quietly yesterday. I think that's probably the first time I've ever seen a passerby more than once.

Things were low-key at the office today, so I was able to spontaneously write some song lyrics. The trouble is that when I write lyrics first, they often take on someone else's melodies. Today I ganked a Neil Young tune from his new album, Prairie Wind. Whoops. I've also been noticing that I write way too many ballads and generally downtempo stuff, and since part of my goal in busking is to entertain the folks around me enough to get them to actually listen to what I'm playing, perhaps super-depressing tunes aren't my best bet, at least not a full brigade of them.

1 comment:

Digitalshrub said...

Oh, thanks so much! It's great to get feedback of any kind, especially positive! I'm glad you checked out my site. Perhaps you'll see me again...the 1/2/3 is my haunt of choice. Thanks again