Thursday, December 06, 2007

Folded Fox


Taken by a feverish fit of fabricative faculties, I finally finished the finer facets of a song I'd been working on since Fune. Ahem, June.

Folded Fox.

Technically, I came up with the guitar part close to a year ago, but didn't set any words to it until the infamous Bummer Summer of '07. It's by far the most revised song I've recorded yet, I'd say. The lyrics got redrafted around 7 times, and I'm sure they'll still continue to be tweaked (the middle section is especially wonky to me).

Spurred on by some recent flurries, I had been listening to one of my first recorded songs, "First Snow of the Year," (I know that sounds really self-absorbed...I just get really into retracing my steps), which I still think is one of my personal favorites. It had a very warm, analog sound to it due to a space heater being on during recording, and it's a sound that I like a lot. I wanted "Fold Fox" to have some sorta soft chugging sound to it, so I kept all the tracks going even when they weren't being used, so there'd be a dose of white noise in there. Sounds okay, I can't really tell if it works. Some of the lyrics aren't half bad, but I can never judge this sorta thing.

At least it's done. I have three or four songs from the summer still unfinished, a hopefully dwarfing number, as I'd really like to make good on that "I'm gonna write some happy songs now" claim.

No comments: