Monday, November 26, 2007

dirty medicine


i'm getting hooked on the whole lower-case too-cool-for-school approach to typing. this has been my approach in word documents since forever because it makes lyrics look a lot more simple and non-pretentious to me (also the method i employ in handwriting), but i think it may have the opposite effect on the rest of the world.

I have a new song! Check out "Down to Earth" on my .mac page for downloading and general fandom. The song itself is pretty disjointed, seeing as the music is two years old (probably close to the day) and the lyrics just kinda fell out in one sitting, less than a week ago. Still, it's not awful. I dunno. Gimme feedback, yo.

By the weekend, I should have "Insect Angel" and "Hands & Knees" up as well. I've been procrastinating in case of lyrical changes, but it's pretty lame to let that get in the way, I guess.

over break, i gave a lot of my unfinished recordings a good listen and thought: holy crap. my music's really sad. like.....all of it. there aren't really any uptempo songs, either. it all SOUNDS sad in addition to actually BEING sad. geez. am i really that jaded? i don't think of myself as a gloom & doom disciple, but my writing seems to reflect this outlook pretty consistently. and that's really not something i feel good about. sure, it's been an awful year and life is hard and whatever....but this has to stop. i'm going to blitz through the rest of the songs i have in my pipeline just so i can focus on writing something that could at least pass as "content."

and now, sleep.

No comments: