Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Though I only harvest song


The challenge for this week was to go busking every single night in hopes that I might raise some R 'n R money for this weekend's trip to Boston. Unfortunately, sleep and a number of unfortunates have derailed this plan slightly, but I picked it up again tonight in hopes of making a comeback worthy of any jaw-droppingly goregeous slow-clap sequence.

No such luck. As I've said before, people are sketchy late at night (myself included), and I was unable to get out to the tracks before 11 tonight, so I had to deal with them. Not a lot of cash to show for my troubles, but I did start out doing an all-original set including some newer songs that I've been working on. As soon as I figure out how to post them in some free, exciting manner on here, I will. For now, you'll just have to imagine a couple haunting chords and some lyrics that are probably too pretentious for their own good. What else is new?

I received a MTA pass from a passerby tonight. He said he didn't have any cash, but had a couple bucks on the card. I accepted it gratefully, mentioning that if there's one thing I always need to have in order to busk, it's a means of admission to the platform.

That is until jetpack busking gets a little more well-deserved attention. Ah, day of days!

No comments: