Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kingdom Come


Feeling antsy led me to busking for about an hour last night, starting around 1 am. Not prime time for such a thing, especially with erratic train schedules due to construction. I didn't make a dime, but it purged me of my restlessness, so woohoo.

Over the weekend while attending a wedding in the Poconoes, my "sore" wrist that I'd mentioned a few days ago became grossly swollen to the point where I was freaking out a bit. It's gone down since, but last night it flared up again, proving to me that this probably has something to do with my strumming. I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong per se, but evidently my body feels differently. Or maybe my epic four and half hour stint on Friday was simply too much for my wrist to handle. I dunno. But I guess I'm gonna lay off for a while.

Thank God I have a real job right now. I was imagining myself as a lone balladeer wandering from town to town in the wild west, playing for breadrolls and sleeping on straw pillows...couldn't afford to have a bum wrist in that scenario. I'd likely turn into a left-handed gunslinger or somesuch. Actually, I feel like anybody with a bum anything back then would be pretty much boned.

New song: "Turn" by Travis.

No comments: